Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you paint cement roof tiles?  (Read 5071 times)
cd26

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2011, 04:18:17 AM »

I am renovating a bungalow and building on an extension. The extension has lovely new roof tiles and the old tiles look a bit shabby beside them. I've heard that they can be painted but I've also heard that this is not always a successful job. I was wondering does anyone have experience of this? Any advice would be most welcome.
Self Build In Ireland Forum
« on: January 08, 2011, 04:18:17 AM »

steve10kinley

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 01:36:59 PM »

No, i haven't tried this till now but instead of painting you can replace old tiles with new one.

Strella9Hinton

cochran1010@gmail.com Strella9Hinton Strella9Hinton
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »

Hey you can paint the cement roof tiles with a thin layer of acrylic exterior paint which should not be mixed with any other medium like latex. Its really shows wonderful hue effect if same color is choose that of final color.

pds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 08:28:53 PM »

The roof tiles are the most exposed part of the house with wind, rain and sun. Painting the tiles may look good in the short term but looks tacky in the medium term.

Save your money for a more long term solution.

Gnome

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 05:25:08 AM »

In certain situations it may be possible to even out the look of a new extension roof on a prominent elevation by relocating existing old tiles from a less visible (perhaps rear or side) elevation of the existing roof. Then use the new tiles on the less prominent areas.

Another possible soulution but only really if the new tiles are on a North facing roof is to paint the new and adjacent existing tiles all over with a with liquid compost or yoghurt or similar product to promote organic lichen and moss growth thereby helping to even out the appearance of that roof elevation.
Archibald

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 02:52:37 PM »

As per my point of view,
you should changed your shabby tile with new one...
So replace the old faint tile...

adivol

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 06:14:29 PM »

Well, Since you are renovating your bungalow, So I suggest you to install new tiles in place of old ones because painting old ones doesn't give that look that a brand new tile can give.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: